As temperatures begin to drop in NYC, most of us are thinking of pumpkin spice lattes, breathtaking colors in Central Park and well…more, pumpkin spice lattes. But around this time of year, the color authority releases its warm-weather color picks for 2016. You will “fall” for these vibrant and versatile hues as you kick start your autumn season.
So get your pumpkin spice latte and your snuggie handy, as we walk you through the top hues for 2016:
- This bold yellow instantly brightens up a room. With a contrasting color, your guests will surely be inspired.
- Elle Décor suggests that this fiery red color is the perfect accent in a modern kitchen. But we also think a neutral living room or office would benefit from small accents in this spicy shade.
- Green Flash
- The Green Lantern has nothing on this hue. This brilliant green can add a tremendous splash to an entryway or hallway. Anyone daring enough to paint their bathroom in this striking color?
- Iced Coffee
- This neutral yet soft brown may not seem earthshattering but the color provides a backdrop for a smooth transition season to season.
- Lilac Gray
- This unassuming purple hue is a classic addition to any room and provides a bit of visual interest without an over-the-top statement.
- Limpet Shell
- Sky blue is out and limpet shell is in! The gentle shade warms up any room in the home and also provides a great neutral color for nursery rooms!
- Peach Echo
- Are you loving the names of these hues – we surely do! This corel-esque shade brings a sense of Caribbean warmth to your home which is perfect for our Hampton or Sag Harbor homeowners. We think this accent color would be fabulous with classic white rooms.
- Rose Quartz
- Pretty in pink is back in! This petal pink goes beyond a little girl’s room and could grace the walls in a dining room, library or even a powder room off the main living room.
- This shade of blue has a slight hint of purple and illuminates any room in the home. Especially a dining area, powder room and or a playroom for the kids.
- Snorkel Blue
- This deep and rich blue adds a lavish style to your home especially in a formal living room.
For more information on how you can use these pantone colors, click here.